When booking a hotel stay for a night/week, what’s usually expected are the basics which include, watching a movie, relaxing, getting a good night’s sleep as well as getting to eat some delicious English breakfast.
The last or never-thought of is how that same hotel can become uncomfortable. Undoubtedly, it won’t cost a 5-star hotel to provide you all of the aforementioned in order to make you feel at home. Anyways, the bitter reality is that far from every hotel you lodge at will be up to your standard.
Fortunately, some individuals have come up with several life hacks while staying at a hotel, most especially the bad ones. A traveler’s hotel hack in getting rid of the space between curtains inspired many others to share as well.
We at SimplED have gathered a list of the best hotel hacks in order to improve your stay when you travel. Kindly scroll down and don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
1. If you ever need an extra phone charger ask the front desk if they found one. They have a box full.
2. If you want to improve every night spent in a hotel try doing this.
3. If at check in you are asked if you would like to pay to upgrade to another room, you should decline. They will often times give you the upgrade for free. Hotels do this as a last ditch effort when they have oversold the room you originally booked.
4. Not many people realize, but you can use any card to keep the power on.
5. Always travel with a power splitter so you never have to chose between unplugging the lamp or the clock.
6. Travel with large tubs of big alcohol wipes so you can sanitize the remote, phone, knobs and drawer pulls. Also comes in handy for restrooms and airports.
7. Hang your shirt up on a coat hanger on the back of the shower door. The steam will help the creases fall out from it being in your case.
8. If there is no bottle opener in the room you can open the bottle like this.
9. Always carry a 10' LAN cable and plug your laptop directly into the router.
10. Use dry cleaning bag in the closet as a dirty clothes bag to make packing it up and keeping it separated easier.
11. Your ironing board is an adjustable height desk. Since the chairs are never the right height, use the ironing board for long hotel work.
12. Put the chair back in front of the A/C to stop it blowing directly on you.
13. TV remote apps on your smart phones are the best invention ever. you will never have to touch the hotel remote again.
14. When you need a place to stash your toothbrush:
15. Pack a multiple outlet surge protector, preferably with a long cable and never run out of outlets again.
16. For the juice don't use the tiny foxy cups they provide next to the juice machine. Go grab a coffee cup.
17. Roll up a towel and wedge it under the door to block the hall light and noise.
18. Instead of touching the disgusting TV remote, wrap it in the shower cap.
19. Always check for bed bugs under your beds.
20. Start collecting all of the rewards programs for all the different hotels you stay at. If you can,try to focus on staying at only one hotel chain in order to maximize your benefits.
21. With a little para cord and a bead, you can improve your hotel room security.